History

The Atherstone based company that was set up in 1938 as the Rotary Pump Company by Fred Lunn and Sidney Fred Lunn the present MD's grandfather and father respectively. The company progressively developed into a machine tool business producing feedamatic hopper for Cincinnati centreless grinders. Developing on this technology the company then specialised in auto feeders for a number of the uk's leading machine tool manufacturers. In the early 70's the company in conjunction with Handsford Manufacturing began to manufacture the Lunn Davis keyseater, for producing internal keyways. This machine has been sold worldwide. More recently the company has designed and manufactured a number of special purpose machines including a range of ultrasonic testing tanks with 4 axis control an automatic pallet collator for a range of corrugated box folder / gluers. The latest project involved a complete design and manufacture of equipment to produce the eco-pallet for DS Smith. With a customer base covering automotive, paper and packaging, nuclear power and general machining and employing 21 people, Lunn Engineering has invested over £1 million in the last five years with the latest investment in a 3m Universal Bedmill with rotary head and tool changer and Heidenhain Control. As such the company is well equipped to meet customers manufacturing requirements both large and small.